• Follow Us on Twitter!

  • Latest Photos

  • Last Books Read

    Born to Run by Christopher McDougall - (K) Humorous and thorough history and science behind ultrarunners and long-distance running
    Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela - (K) An autobiography covering his childhood, years as a freedom fighter and incarceration. Inspiring and informative
    The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón - (K&T) A mystery set in Barcelona involving an old book, a failed writer and murder
    Lush Life by Richard Price - A Lower East Side tale of cops, drugs and drinking
    The Chinese by Jesper Becker - (K&T) Modern history of my peeps, from the cultural revolution to the many failed economic and social attempts to move the country forward
    Setting the Table by Danny Meyer - A "how-to" on hospitality and business acumen by the restaurateur behind such NY institutions as the Shake Shack and Union Square Grill
    The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama - Obama lays out what is wrong with the current government and how, vaguely, to change it.

  • Advertisements

Rhys Goes to the Hospital

A week ago, Rhys was admitted into the hospital. One of the scariest experiences of my life.

The day we came back from Winthrop, Rhys felt very lethargic and just wanted to be held and sleep.

Monday was the same, with him sleeping for 5 hrs until I woke him up, not eating or even crawling. Tuesday he has a high fever so I made an appt to see the doctor the next day. I was told he has bronchiolitis, lots of kids get it and recover from it. I was told to watch him and that if he didn’t improve by Friday, that I should go back. Thursday he got even worse and had only had solids twice that week, and even so, only a bit. The tell tell sign was that when I put him on the stairs to go up, which he loves doing, all he could do was cry. I knew something was very wrong.

I was able to make an appt for Friday afternoon. His oxygen levels were low and I was told that he had to go to the ER and would remain there for a couple of nights. Luckily my parents were at the house to watch Ella, so at least she was taken care of.

They immediately put Rhys on oxygen and there were talks of putting him in the ICU, where he would be able to get higher pressure oxygen. Scary moments, but the doctors decided he could go to the regular floor. 

I was there Friday through Sunday night, when Tim came home early from his ski trip to take care of him. 

Rhys was released on Monday afternoon and is improving every day.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: